Grow Your Faith F.A.S.T.
Scripture Reference: Rom. Chapter 10:verse 17
“So then, Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God”
When the Apostle Paul wrote that verse in the book of Romans, most of the population in that time did not know how to read. Reading, writing and, arithmetic, were reserved for the affluent of that time.
The common population did not have newspapers, T.V. or Radio, they relied on orators for all there daily news and scripture reading from priests and, preaching from you guessed it… preachers.
So, back in the day, Faith Came from listening to the priest, preachers and, orators as they read from the scrolls of scripture much like Jesus did when he entered the temple and took the scroll and began to read from Isaiah.
Today, most can read and, write and those whom cannot… well we have audio, video and various vehicles or mediums in order to receive information, today.
Here are the most common ways we receive our daily news and information:
- The written word. Which include but, not limited to books, E-books, reports, magazines, newsletters, email, text messaging, and the like.
- Hearing or listening to audio such as tapes and compact discs, radio, in church preaching and teaching, webinar’s, video and, streaming media
- All of our sense’s come alive and it seems we learn even faster with video like You Tube, television, VHS tapes, DVD’s, televangelist programs on cable, etc. Heck, you can even attend a local church service live over the Internet today.
Again, we have many forms in which you can use to grow your faith fast, even more so than our forefathers ever imagined before us. Let us take advantage it.
I’ll use the acronym F.A.S.T. in order to help teach you THE system to growing your faith F.A.S.T. It isn't my system, this is Gods's system of doing things.
Ready? Great! Let’s get started…
How to Grow Your Faith F.A.S.T.
“So then, Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God”.
As the Apostle Paul stated in our scripture verse above, it seems reasonable that we learn by hearing what is said, preached or taught:
- reading the word of God (you’re Bible) daily
- listening or watching preachers and, teachers wield the word of God through evangelistic programs or on television, radio or even streaming from the Internet.
- F is our first letter in our F.A.S.T. Faith system which stands for: Fervently pray.
Faith is the initial quality in the heart of any man, woman and, child that talks to God, though un-seen as faith is, the evidence of things unseen, and so it is through fervent prayer. One must believe where he cannot prove. Fervent prayer is simply faith, claiming it’s natural yet, and glorious exclusive right- faith taking possession of it's un-limitable inheritance.
Mark this down or take a mental note here, no man will ever pray to God without having faith in God first. God gives us all a measure of faith, his faith, not mental ascent that an un-regenerated man has before regeneration or our new birth through Christ. God gives us a measure of his faith after our Salvation experience. There is where you should have begun fervently praying.
- A is forAssemble tools:The Bible tells me “Study to show thyself approved unto God,” now that should be enough incentive to get to cracking the scriptures and study Gods word, the Holy Bible. However, many do not understand how. Perhaps, you may not know how to study your bible, if this is the case, continue reading and You will begin to understand some of the basics.Basically the only tool that you will need is Your bible and if it comes with a good concordance that makes it even better for you. There are many ways to study the bible.You can:
Depending on your bible, depends how easy it is to find what you are looking for in your bible. If your bible comes with a good concordance you can conduct word studies by looking up the word you wish to study such as the word “study”.For verse by verse studies, it would be helpful to have a good concordance such as a Strong’s exhaustive concordance with a Greek and Hebrew lexicon. If you can’t afford one, Your local library should have along with many other bible study helps and tools. Spending a little more money on a really good bible will go along way with your independent studies.“Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God”. Faith and knowledge will also grow fast as you study and understand what the scriptures are actually talking about. This leads us to our next part of our Growing you're Faith F.A.S.T. , the letter S which stands for:Sermons: Our scripture reference is “faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God”. With that in mind then sermons is one the best way to grow your faith in Christ. However, not all sermons are designed to build faith.The word of God warns us in 2 Timothy 4:3-4 “(v3) for the time will come when they will not endure sound Doctrine but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers having itching ears. (v4) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth and shall be turned unto fables”.We are defiantly living in strange and uncertain times and we must be careful to guard our hearts from strange doctrines and seducing spirits. It is my firm belief that we are living in the last of the last days and many so called Christians are dropping out like flies because of false teachings and doctrines of devils. However, if you fasten your heart on God’s word and test every sermon and teaching according to your Bible, the Holy spirit, will lead you in all truths. So stand firm on the word of God and he will light your path.With that said, let us take a look at how sermons will grow our faith fast.How many sermons do you listen to a week? I would estimate that 90% of Christians listen to only one sermon per week when they attend church. This is just an educated guess, and I do not believe that this is enough exposure of to grow your faith fast. Along with fervent praying, daily bible reading and study of God’s word, you need to listen to at least 3 sermons per week and not just any old sermon. These sermons need to be focused upon where you need your faith to grow fast.
- Study verse by verse
- Conduct a word study
- Study Character
- Study the Doctrines of the Bible
- You can even study subjects such as faith, prayer, the end times, etc.
- If you need faith for healing, then you need to listen to sermons on healing.
- If you need faith for deliverance then you need to listen to sermons on deliverance
- If you need faith your finances then you need to listen to sermons on prosperity
- If you need faith for faith then you need to listen to sermons on faith
- Here are some places on the Internet that may help.
- Christian Blogs such as Polemics Report, Pulpit and Pen and Amy Speerman's Berean Research blog.
- Christian forums
In order to grow your faith fast, you not only need to listen to specific types of sermons, but anointed, prayer drenched sermons. You also need to study and meditate on the scriptures given in the sermons you listen too so, take lots of notes.
In conclusion, we now move on to the final part of Grow You're Faith Fast and that is …
T, which stands for Take action. Science tells us “for every action there is a reaction”, correct me if I am wrong, this is a universal law of motion, created by God whom created the universe. By getting started in Growing your faith fast today, and implementing this system in your life your faith will grow by leaps and bounds.
I can’t do your praying for you, nor can I do your Bible studying either, but, I can give you some free resources that will help you with increasing your faith fast. This is just a little push in getting you started in the right direction.
In the pages at the top there is a tab titled “Classic Sermons” there are over a 100 sermons by anointed men and women of faith, such as my favorite author and revivalist Leonard Ravenhill, A.W. Tozer, John Piper, and many others. Take advantage of this resource.
You can also go to Greg Gordon’s sermon index for many other sermon audio’s and video’s by great men and woman of God. While you are there register to the site so you can participate in the forms.Leave a Comment below tell me how you study your Bible or memorize scripture and/or voice your opinion.
Thanks for reading Your How to Grow you're Faith F.A.S.T.